Why you should not consider buying a Wooden or ply kitchen; rather, go for Stainless steel modular kitchen.
One of the most important decisions you’ll have to make when designing a new kitchen is what kind of material to use for the cabinets and countertops.
While wooden or ply kitchens have long been popular, stainless steel kitchens are becoming an increasingly popular option for homeowners looking for a modern, durable, and hygienic kitchen.
Table of Contents
Key reasons why you should consider a stainless steel modular kitchen over a wooden or ply kitchen:
- Durability: Stainless steel is a durable material resistant to wear and tear, water damage, and heat. It’s unlikely to warp, rot, or discolour over time, unlike wood, which requires regular sealing and waxing to protect it from water damage.
- Ease of maintenance: Stainless steel is very easy to clean and maintain. It’s non-porous and resistant to bacteria and germs, so it stays hygienic without needing frequent cleaning or sealing. Wood, on the other hand, requires regular waxing and sealing to protect it from water damage and maintain its appearance.
- Modern aesthetic: Stainless steel has a modern, sleek appearance that can add value to a home. It’s a perfect choice for homeowners who want a contemporary look in their kitchen. Wooden or ply kitchens, while warm and traditional, may be less suitable for modern design styles.
- Heat and fire resistance: Stainless steel is resistant to heat and fire, making it a safer choice for a kitchen. Wood can catch fire if it comes into contact with high-heat sources, such as the stove or oven.
Ofcourse, stainless steel kitchens do have some drawbacks. They can be more expensive to install due to the higher cost of the materials and manufacturing process.
Wooden/Ply Modular Kitchen
A wooden or ply modular kitchen is a type of kitchen design that features cabinets and other storage units made of wood or plywood and assembled in a modular fashion. Modular kitchens are designed to be easily assembled and disassembled, making them a convenient and flexible option for homeowners who want to rearrange or renovate their kitchens at some point in the future.
In a wooden or ply modular kitchen, the cabinets and other storage units are typically made of wood or plywood, a type of composite wood material made by layering thin sheets of wood veneer on top of each other and bonding them together with adhesive. Wooden or ply modular kitchens are popular because they offer a natural, warm look and feel and can be customized to suit the individual needs and preferences of the homeowner.
Pros & Cons: between wooden/ply kitchen and Stainless Steel modular kitchen
Pros of wooden/ply kitchens:
- Wood is a natural material that can add warmth and character to a kitchen.
- Wood/plywood kitchens are adaptable to a variety of design styles.
- Wood is a relatively inexpensive material, so wooden/ply kitchens can be more budget-friendly than other kitchens.
Cons of wooden/ply kitchens:
- Wood is prone to warping, rotting, and discolouration over time, especially if it is not properly sealed and waxed.
- Wood can harbour bacteria and germs if not properly cleaned and sealed.
- Wooden/ply kitchens require more maintenance and care than other kitchens, including regular sealing and waxing to protect against water damage.
Stainless Steel Modular Kitchen
A stainless steel modular kitchen is a type of kitchen design with cabinets and other storage units made of stainless steel. Stainless steel is a popular material for kitchen cabinets and other storage units because it is durable, easy to clean, and resistant to corrosion and scratching.
Modular kitchens are convenient and flexible, making them a popular choice for homeowners who want to rearrange or renovate their kitchens at some point in the future. Stainless steel modular kitchens are often chosen for their modern, sleek look, durability, and low maintenance requirements. They can be customized to suit the individual needs and preferences of the homeowner.
Pros of stainless steel kitchens:
- Stainless steel is a durable material resistant to wear and tear water damage, and heat.
- Stainless steel is very easy to clean and maintain.
- Stainless steel does not harbour bacteria or germs, making it a more hygienic choice for a kitchen.
- Stainless steel has a modern, sleek appearance that can add value to a home.
Cons of stainless steel kitchens:
- Stainless steel is a more expensive material than wood, so stainless steel kitchens can be more costly to install.
Key differences between wooden/ply kitchens and stainless steel kitchens:
- Material: Wooden/ply kitchens are made of wood or wood-based composite materials, while stainless steel kitchens are made of, well, stainless steel.
- Durability: Stainless steel is a much more durable material than wood and is resistant to wear and tear, water damage, and heat. Wood is prone to warping, rotting, and discolouration over time.
- Maintenance: Stainless steel is easy to maintain and clean. At the same time, wood requires regular sealing and waxing to protect it from water damage.
- Hygiene: Stainless steel is non-porous and does not harbour bacteria or germs, making it a more hygienic choice for a kitchen. Wood can harbour bacteria and germs if not properly cleaned and sealed.
- Aesthetics: Wooden/ply kitchens can have a warm, traditional look, while stainless steel kitchens have a more modern, sleek appearance.
- Cost: Stainless steel kitchens are more expensive than wooden/ply kitchens due to the higher cost of the materials and manufacturing process.
Choosing between a wooden/ply kitchen and a stainless steel kitchen depends on your preferences and budget. Both kitchens have pros and cons, and the right choice will depend on your specific needs and priorities.
Features of Stainless Steel Modular Kitchen
Wide Choice of Finish
Rust/Corrosion Resistant Pest,
Termite & Fungus Resistant
Easy For Maintenance
Overall, if you’re considering a new kitchen, it’s worth considering a stainless steel modular kitchen. While it may be a more expensive option upfront, its durability, ease of maintenance, and modern aesthetic will likely pay off in the long run. The added safety benefits of stainless steel make it a great choice for any home.
Here is my recommendation of the two best manufacturers in India from where you will get the authentic material, whether Stainless Steel or Wooden. One is a manufacturer of stainless steel modular kitchens, and another is an expert in Wooden or Ply kitchens.
I hope you will find this article helpful and informative; if so, do not forget to let us know your opinion instead of offering a cup of coffee.